Thursday, January 08, 2009

Spinning

Hey ... hope your day got off to a better start than mine. Woke up around 7a ... still no working water heater ... 90 seconds dodging sleet from the nozzle. Then went from that to a 8a dentist appointment. Then work.

But really the dentist wasn't that bad & while work is busier than usual right now, it was ok.

After work, straight from the bus, we went to the gym where I did a Cycle 60 class. I guess it's called spinning as well. It's really fun for exercise. The lights are off ... they have big TVs showing Lance Armstrong riding up mountains ... they play some good music (& some bad music) ... and a nice lady yells at you to work harder. Big fun.

My goal this year is to do three triathlons and a half-marathon. 8 days in ... I haven't done any of those things ...

I really like this song called "Spinning" by Jack's Mannequin ... sort of sums up what life can be life sometimes. Check it out on the "Lala" musical widget thing to the right.

I'm keeping quiet 'til there's no more sirens.
Lately its hard to keep the hinges on with all the noise.
I found my words when there was no one talking.
The room is spinning i have got no choice.
Be patient, i am getting to the point

I can't remember when the earth turned slowly.
I just waited with the lights turned out again.
I lost my place but i can't stop this story.
I found my way but until then,
I'm only spinning.

I'm keeping quiet 'til the phone stops ringing.
Lately it's hard to disconnect. I just want something real.
I found the words if i can just stop thinking.
The room is spinning i have got no choice.
Be patient, i am getting to the point.

I can't remember when the earth turned slowly.
So i just waited with the lights turned out again.
I lost my place but i can't stop this story.
I found my way but until then,
I'm only spinning.

No comments: