Thursday, January 22, 2009

21 weeks

Did all of you see this study? Well, you're welcome.

U of L sure has been fun to watch of late. At the Pomeroy Ratings site, they're ranked 10th in the country, but what is interesting is that they are rated #1 in adjusted defensive efficiency. Basically, it's a measure of how many points you give up per opponent's possession. They have the best rating of any team over the past 5 years in that category. Last year Kansas was #1 in that category and the season ended pretty well for them. Of course, Kansas was #2 last year in offensive efficiency and this year's Louisville squad is 92nd. I'm just afraid at some point in the tournament they'll have one of those 18-67 shooting nights and no amount of defense is going to overcome that. We'll see.

SLU hasn't been as fun to watch. Interesting SLU fact. They are 3rd worst in the country in FT% allowed (76%). For whatever reason, it's easy to make free throws against the Billikens. Probably because you're well rested.

Did you see that the ratings for the inauguration were the highest since Reagan? Did you also see which market had the highest percentage of viewers tuned in at 51%? Raleigh! Seattle was lowest at 19%. Apathetic coffee-drinking Nirvana slackers. It was dubbed the "Snobama Effect" here.

APD turned 12 today. What a great kid! I hope the next 12 go slower than the first 12 did.

4 comments:

Dolberry! said...

Ha! If you Google blog "apathetic coffee drinking Nirvana slackers", you get directed to the DCV.

I may have to start selling ads.

Anonymous said...

Wow, 12 already for APD! I still remember when you and the bKMD brought him home to Naperville. I think I still have that picture of me holding him when he was about a week old.

How time flies...

Pneumono... etc. said...

I think we have a pic of you me and Barkley traveling down to NC.

Anonymous said...

i wonder how many people will google that sequence of words? I betcha Carrie will report they didn't watch it because they were all there. :) APD sure is an awesome kid!! I loved talking with him on his birthday.