Friday, January 09, 2009

I've had enough cold & I am outta here!

Day 3 of the water heater strike brought 55 deg F water which was a vast improvement over yesterday's 33 F. Looks like even warmer water can be expected tomorrow morning. The water heater strike came only 6 days after our car heater strike. Heat is an expensive commodity in the winter.

So, I'm headed out to the desert Southwest for the 89th annual American Meteorological Society meeting next week in sunny Phoenix. Forecast temps are in the 70s all week. Presumably, the Airport Marriott will have heated showers (they have a heated pool anyway, which is good enough for me). And I'll be hearing about global warming all week, so that should by toasty nice.

I'll try to blog along the way, but if not, stay warm out there.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

how can you say you've had enough cold??? how dare you! jkjk

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are back to blogging more frequently!! Have a great warm week at the convention, but what are KMD and APD doing at home without hot water? Mom