Thursday, December 17, 2009

San Fran (day 4)

Heading home early in an attempt to beat the big (maybe) winter storm to affect the mid-Atlantic tomorrow night.  My original plans called for a return around midnight, right in the period of heaviest wintry mix.  My new plans call for a return in the mid-morning, hopefully before the snow starts.  And as an added bonus, I get to spend the night at O'Hare.  Been there.  Blogged that.  It's supposed to snow in Chicago as well, but later on Friday and I think they're more used to snow.  Was afraid RDU would stop accepting flights & I'd be spending the weekend in Dallas.  Ugh.  (Did see the new stadium from the air on the way out here.  Looked cool.)

Anyway, I'd put the odds of me getting home tomorrow at 50-50.

Good presentations today, including one from the now famous Michael Mann (originator of so-called "trick" in hockey stick temperature plot).  Best part ... his resigned bemusement at the e-mail controversy being dubbed "Climategate" given that the original "gate" (Watergate) was all about the theft and this one has been all about what was taken ... w/ no attention paid to the theft itself. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe uneventful trip home! Mom