Thursday, December 17, 2009

San Fran (day 3)

Another full day of talks, but afterwards headed down to Fisherman's Wharf.  About a 35 minute walk, but an extremely pleasant one.  San Francisco is a beautiful city (and certainly eclectic).  Looking back up at the city from Pier 39 is a spectacular sight.  Not sure I really saw any sea lions.  I did see their silouettes, if that counts.  Definitely heard them.  The Golden Gate Bridge was silhouetted too, but the Christmas lighted boats were very cool.  Good seafood tonight plus the Boudin sourdough (thx Sonia!) and a Ghirardelli's chocolate to close it all out.  The two mile walk uphill probably burned off 20% of it.

Last time I was at FW, it was w/ tbKMD in 1993.  Seemed very familiar once there.  Just wish I had my favorite hand to hold on this trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip, I have always heard about how beautiful San Fran. is, enjoy it! Seafood is my ideas of gourmet food. Ciao