Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Corsari

Hey, we bought a new card game called Corsari. It is fun. We'll bring it for Christmas.

Work was tiring this week. I fully realize I'll get no sympathy since it is over & only lasted 3 days, but trust me it was tiring. The highlight was a meeting today where a colleague said that I had used our model to design an attainment strategy w/o regard to whatever was possible "as if I were all-powerful" and I made wizard motions like I was blowing up cities (w/ sound effects)by simply putting spells on them. Like I said it was a long week.

We had mandatory EEO training this week which didn't help. I thought they were talking about mandatory ELO training which wouldn't have been so bad. (Man, I use to like the ELO when I was 12. And I can still tolerate them, which is pretty impressive.) Alas, this was EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity). Who knows why it was mandatory for staff? The one lasting memory I think I'll get out of it was that the instructor said it was not harassment to accidentally bump into someone in the hall while rounding a corner, but if you had a lookout who told you when a potential bumpee was coming & then you purposefully rounded the corner at the right time to cause a collision, that would be harassment. Honest. They actually said that. Who is this 2nd person, who provides the intel on when to round the corner. What is his/her motivation? And, if you are the harassing type, how much harassment can you get in a collision? And isn't this a whole lot of trouble just to effect? Sadly, it was 2.5 hours of my life that is not coming back.

Top 10 expected benefits of having an uncle in the Florida Legislature:

10. Unlimited 50 cent off coupons for Tropicana Low Pulp orange juice.
9. Getting to play left field for the Reds in early March spring training games.
8. No more golfing at public golf courses.
7. Freedom to drive rental car up & down Siesta Key Beach asking people directions to Chili's.
6. Parade in my honor down Tamiami Trail.
5. One free punch to any character at the Medieval Faire.
4. Free 8 x 10 from Katherine Harris signed "No, I don't want to see your hanging C-Lo".
3. Inside track at replacing Max Mayfield as head of the National Hurricane Center.
2. All you can eat Gator Balls at the Crab Shack.
1. Florida State University .... now Dolberry's School of Wingdings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just make sure the parade in your honor is not mistakenly booked for Tamiami Trail in Akron, OH. Much less exciting.

What is the prediction for tonight's game? I'm going to take the Cards in another 10-point win, 31-21.


Chad