Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Weekend Update

Having PC/Internet problems at home. Not fun. Think our ethernet card is fried as the wireless network is still ok. Hopefully will be resolving this evening.

Baseball tryouts / draft got rained out last Saturday & were reset to this weekend. Kind of a bummer since our first practice was supposed to be this week.

I did my first triathlon of the year on Sunday. Results are here. I did it about 3:30 faster than last year, which probably isn't too surprising given last year I wasn't really going all out (just trying to finish). I finished 18 of 33 in my age group, which was short of my top 50% goal. It was very cold. I should have worn gloves. 39 degrees at race start w/ a nice wind. Standing there in my thin tri-shorts, dripping wet, hopping on a bike, & then drying off thru ventilation via cold, dry air ... I wondered if this is what living in Alaska feels like. I imagine AK is even worse.

The highlight of the weekend was then going to a practice softball game on Sunday afternoon where I went 4 for 4. It's always good to get all your hits out of the way before the season starts.

No comments: