Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Report from Chicago Trip

Let's see ... way behind on my blogging. My trip to Chicago was great. Really uplifting conference & a lot of good ideas re: leading a youth group. The Willow Creek church in S. Barrington is pretty impressive. It has a 3-story waterfall & seats about 8,000, I'd guess. For their midweek service, I sat in the 200 level figuring they were the equivalent of the skybox seats. For free, thank you.

After the conference ended, I had about an hour to kill before heading back to O'Hare, so I drove by the hospital APD was born in, plus the apartment Kristy & I lived in in Hoffman Estates. Doing so, was flooded w/ so many happy memories, it may me cry realizing how blessed I've been. Thanks to all you guys for being so great. Did you know ... they renamed the hospital Alex was born in after him now. It's true .... see here.

Chicago's weather also made me cry, for different reasons. I think it was glad to see me again & has held a grudge for my long-distance mocking. I got the wind-whipped snow pellets and the ground blizzard. Silly me, I wore my "footies" (socks) which are fine for an NC winter, but don't work so well in places where there is snow on the ground.

The highlight of the trip was getting to see C-Lo and the lovely Annette. Opus was glad to see me and expressed it in a entirely inappropriate way. They live in a cool condo w/ some fancy painting. It was very cool to hear that C-Lo recently earned a promotion and is now Management. Also nice to catch up on the status of all the Lowrys. C-Lo treated Dolberry to the deep dish pizza which was very nice & very delicious. Things I miss about Chicago: C-Lo, baseball, pizza. Things I don't miss: weather, road conditions/traffic, lack of trees, O'Hare.

Despite bad weather, my flight was only about a half-hour delayed which isn't that bad. All in all, a really nice trip.

No comments: