Sunday, March 25, 2007

Update

Hope the end of the weekend (or whenever you're reading this) finds everyone well ...

In Dolberry Invitational news, congrats to Papa Sparky for successfully copying off of Dolberry's typically astute picks. PS is in the 97th percentile which (while seeming mathmatically impossible) is 123% higher than his picks from last year. It looks to me as if PS wins if Florida repeats, Dolberry! wins if UCLA wins, & the Hellraiser wins if the Hoyas prevail. If Ohio St wins, it's either Sparky or Dolberry depeding upon who they play. Thanks to the rest of you for participating. Maybe next year.

In remodeling news, Chuck put a tile floor down in our kitchen this weekend. It looks really sweet! It was his birthday present to the beautiful KMD. A lot of hard work, for sure. Dolberry! stayed out of the way.

In little league news, the tryouts & drafts went well. We were very happy to get our neighbor, but we just missed out on one of our old machine pitch players who we would've loved to get. First practice is Wednesday.

In work news, my paper for a conference in Portugal got accepted, but now if looks like travel funds are unavailable. I'm not that broken up. Dolberry is proud of his streak of never having left the fruited plains of America.

In blog news, despite pressures from the bean counters, I'm not going to have a "butt darts" post in a shameless attempt to increase traffic. The DCV has standards, people.

First softball game is this Friday. Rotisserie draft is this Sunday. My Diamond Mind league starts this week. Ay carumba. Between work, church, blog, baseball, & softball, I'll be lucky to survive the next 5 months.

1 comment:

Carrie Dolwick said...

I have to admit that I was worried about my bog partners butt darts entry. Not because we would be accused of increasing traffic, but because this is a family site. But hey all the hits didn't hurt, and then after the comments I thought maybe I am the conservative one in the family.