Thursday, January 04, 2007

New DCV Feature: Top Bands of the 1980's Countdown

They say you should write about what you know & there's not much I know better than the pros and cons of almost every band that showed their mullet and/or spandexed-self (I'm looking at you here Mr. Roth) on MTV at some point in the 1980's. So, I'm going to indulge myself here w/ a prolonged countdown of the Top 40 bands of the 1980s, what their best & worst songs were, & what role they played in Dolberry's formative years. It won't be every day, but when I don't have anything else to share, I'll use this as blog filler.

Anyway here are the bands that just missed the Top 40 (in no particular order): REO Speedwagon, Madness, XTC, Guns and Roses, AC/DC, Eagles, Icicle Works, Saga, Asia, Outfield, Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons, the Alarm, GoGos, and the Cure.



<

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What criteria are you using to define the Top 40? I must raise an eyebrow at the omission of XTC, but perhaps they had better work in the 1990s.


Chad

Anonymous said...

Good question. Basically, it's who I liked then, + who I still like, w/ some weight according to commercial success.