Monday, December 17, 2007

A Hollywood Weekend in the Triangle

Our weekend was spent rubbing shoulders w/ the famous people of the Triangle. On Friday, the beautiful KMD went to Alex's Christmas Program ( ... the one year Dolberry doesn't go ....) and got to sit two rows behind the starting CF for the Cincinnati Reds, Josh Hamilton. KMD reports that he's the sort of dad who stands up & waves to his little one when she's on stage. Normally, Dolberry finds this irritating, but knowing Hamilton's back story, I find it kinda cool.

Then on Saturday, we went to a Christmas cantada w/ one of our friends from church. Her son was singing in the choir at another church in Durham. We get there and the opening soloist is surprisingly enough former Durham District Attorney, Mike Nifong. Our friend said, "I thought he was in jail." Dolberry thought he sang pretty good, but my hearing is still impaired, so don't take my word for it.

Anyway, we're thinking about opening up one of those "Star Tours" for those that want to visit the Raleigh-Durham area and see all the famous people here. Obviously, Dolberry is the primo attraction. I'm thinking of putting shag carpet up on our living room ceiling.

Hope all are doing well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, What gives? I, also thought Nifong was in jail. When does the Tour of the Exceptional People begin? I'll see if I can make it. I think this should definitely be mentioned on the Fitzgerald Family Forum page. Ciao,ciao (Signature)

Dolberry! said...

He was only sentenced to 1 day of jail. He was stripped of his law license and the Duke students will likely (or already have) be suing him.

Unknown said...

Josh Hamilton starting CF for teh Texas Rangers now Mr. D