Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl Observations

It's kind of neat to watch your son go through experiences that you remember going through & seeing how he reacts. In the case of searing sporting disappointment, I'd say he's way ahead of Dolberry. Between school & church, he'd been touting & defending the Bears the better part of two months. He was so excited after Hester's runback. But when things went south, he didn't yell, didn't cry, only a few grumbles like: "the NFL should have a rule against squib kicks", "I hate holding penalties ... in Madden and in real life, & (after the game was decided) "Didn't the Bears used to have a better quarterback?" Good kid.

Good weather Super Bowl.

Prince rocked out at halftime. Well done, diminutive Purple one. You could've gotten 8500-1 that Prince would cover Foo Fighters in a 15 min concert, but he did it. Very cool. Is anyone else jazzed like me about the Police reunion at the Grammys? Didn't think so. It's about 20 years too late. Hey, speaking of Prince & the Police ... when is the DCV 80's countdown going to resume? Well, I lost my list ... so it may be a while longer.

The only Super Bowl commercial that stuck w/ me was the first Doritos one & only because it was filmed outside the place where APD buys his HeroClix.

Peyton Manning getting the MVP falls into the Lifetime Achievement category.

Here's a picture of APD in the Great Blizzard of 2007 (0.75" last Thursday).




Have a great week everyone.

4 comments:

Papa Sparky said...

Sorry about the Bears losing, APD, but the Colt's win put some pretty good cabbage in Uncle Sparky's pocket. I am very excited about the police reunion. So excited that I'll suffer through another awards show to see it. Glad you mentioned the countdown. These pins and needles are getting really sharp!

Anonymous said...

Your blizzard would register one slice on the snowbreadmeter. I think ours only measured half a slice. We are looking for the big time blizzard of the century tomorrow. I've got to find my boots! Gotta go!

El Cuarta said...

I'm on record saying that there is no shame scraping your knuckles on the ceiling while watching the Browns play. Bad G-pa!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we've all gotten better since you. Just takes a few generations to mix out the bad apple, thankfully.