Sunday, February 01, 2009

Frosted Obama Flakes

It has come to my attention that Richard Nixon is not in the news much and that if I wanted to increase traffic to the DCV via Google redirects, I should update presidents. Thus the title ...

I got my bike out today. It's generally a bad sign when you literally have to dust off your exercise equipment before using it. Here's my bike route ... it's 15 miles and it's really beautiful after the first 2 miles because you're really out in the country. There's lots of ponds and it's pretty much exclusively through the pines, so even when you're lungs are bursting (from the aforementioned out-of-shapitude), it's somehow comforting to know that if you are going to fall off your bike and die from exhaustion ... at least you'd be dying in a scenic setting.

My Super Bowl prediction, right before it happens is PIT 24 ARZ 16. Of course, the best thing about the Super Bowl is that it means that pro football is over and that it's almost baseball season and March Madness. This week I'll be counting down the best 10 baseball games I've ever attended ... to get us through those last days before pitchers and catchers report. I further predict that Springsteen ends the day w/ the 3rd best halftime show ever, behind U2 and Prince.

stop reading here if you want to avoid a mini-diatribe and a downer ... it is not intended to be holier-than-thou ... know am preaching to the alter people here (tired of the choirpeople getting all the good press) ...

So, the Super Bowl pretty much represents the apex of American gargantuanism. Oversized men chasing each other around with exaggerated senses of self-importance ... in front of millions of people waiting to be sold on what beer would make them funnier or what truck would make them more of a man than they currently are. Meanwhile, there are thousands of people dying (mostly children and the elderly) every day because of simple hunger. It's really absurd if you think about it for even a second. Check out this page if you want to help out in a small way ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is crazy. I'm with you. Did you fast? Very nice presentation from the kids.