Saturday, April 12, 2008

The darkness has no choice before the dawn ...

Today was opening day for APD, but after a really nice start to the day (temps in the mid 70s), rain moved in around 2:00p and caused the postponement of his team's 3pm game. He's on the Braves this year. Some pictures follow.




I mowed the lawn this morning w/ my brand new Cub Cadet lawn mower. Very fun. Not much assembly required ... though I was a little confused when it told me to remove the 'mulching baffle'. The folks who write these instruction manuals are just ridiculous.

Today is 4/12. Which is the title of a really cool Switchfoot song. Lyrics follow. Enjoy!

Been having trouble staying asleep
You've been waking up at 4:12
You roll the voices over in your head
Then you try to put them neatly on the shelf
You watch the sun rise
You saw the darkness had no choice before the dawn
With your own eyes
And then you broke out laughing from a yawn

You said
I’m so sorry I’ve been so down, I
I started doubting things could ever turn around
And I began to believe that all we are is material
It’s nonsensical, (yes it is)

So you walk outside and everything’s new
You’re looking at the world with new eyes
As if you’d never seen a sky before this blue
As if you’ve never seen the sky in your whole life
And then the phone rings
As it turns out, you're already late
And now you’re wondering
Was peace just a temporary state

You’re waiting tables and parking cars
You’ve been selling cell phones at the shopping mall
And you began to believe that all you are is material
It’s nonsensical

I’m so sorry I’ve been so down
I started doubting things could ever turn around
But I still can’t believe that all we are
And that all of are dreams
Are nothing more than material
Souls aren’t built of stone, sticks and bones (repeat 12x)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great pictures and the interview. Do you have those lyrics memorized or do you look them up? Did you get bad storms today? I heard some bad weather was heading your way. Oh, thunder is on. I got hung up watching the lusterlous Reds and almost forgot. It's very cold. I'm glad I'm not there. Mom

Anonymous said...

Looking good APD!!!! Hope you get that first game in soon. Cool lyrics and glad you're jazzed about your new lawnmover. We're home watching Thunder on tv too. We saw Uncle Larry on tv earlier. Have a great Sunday!
Kris

Kyle said...

Too bad it was rained out.

Anonymous said...

Dolberry, does the park APD plays at have a concession stand? If not, have you considering opening one, perhaps with a neighbor managing that while you manage the game? Think about the extra income you could generate from selling cheesesteaks!

Dolberry! said...

I'm not sure I could sell a cheesesteak ...

Anonymous said...

I'm unclear. Are you saying you lack the sales skills, or the willpower to let one go?

Dolberry! said...

definitely willpower ...

Anonymous said...

...c-lo/dolberry conversation reminds me of homer simpson and donuts



APD