Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The people have spoken! Change is coming!

Brady Quinn is starting tomorrow for the Browns!!!!

It's about time. Maybe it wasn't Derek Anderson's fault the offense has gone in the tank over the past 12 games, but a change was needed.

Brady Quinn is the first Notre Dame QB ever to start for the Browns. Truly historic.

While I think Anderson is probably the better QB technically (arm, experience, right to life), I voted for Brady. Mostly because he was from Notre Dame. This may be silly, but I think it was time that the Browns had a Notre Dame QB. I think in the long run, no matter what else happens, whether he throws 20 interceptions or leads us to the Super Bowl, we will be a stronger team for it.

I am truly full of hope that he can turn around the abomination that is the Browns 3-5 season. I am proud to be a Browns fan today. But I was proud to be a Browns fan on Monday also. Hopefully Anderson fans will support Quinn through any early struggles. It's more important that we're all Browns fans ... and that the Browns prosper ... than having our preferred QB be leading the team. The Browns are a great team w/ great fans.

Of course, if we still have a losing record in 4 years, I will be advocating for someone else. Dolberry, like many fans, is notoriously fickle that way.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The question is can Quinn and Anderson work together to heal the team after a tough (but well run) campign for the job? Mom

Anonymous said...

At least we know Quinn will attempt to rule from the center. If he tries to take a snap from a guard or tackle, I'm pretty sure Crennel will pull him.

Kyle said...

Quinn should have been starter all along! I mean, I had to wait all the way to the 22nd pick to see my favourite collegiate player drafted!