Sunday, August 26, 2007

Keep Louisville Weird

Hey all. Hope all is well.

I wore my "Keep Louisville Weird" t-shirt out & about today (an X-mas gift from Uncle Sparky). Interestingly, the ratio of people who asked me what the shirt meant to people who saw the shirt was 1.00.

I patiently explained that it was a campaign by independent Louisville businesses to encourage patronage of non-chain type stores/restaurants/etc. Well, I patiently explained it the first 5 or so times ... after that I made stuff up.

The best response to the shirt ... from the beautiful KMD who said that if I wanted to keep Louisville weird, then I should move back there.

All is fine here ... KMD & Dolberry went out on an actual date on Friday which was nice. Dolberry had a stellar softball game last Wed. 4-4 w/ an HR and 4-5 D plays at 3B. Then APD showed me up on Saturday as his team improved to 2-0. He came in to pitch in the bottom of the first w/ the bases loaded & 1 out. He struck out the next two guys. Then after giving up a hit and a walk in the 2nd, he struck out the next 3 guys including the leadoff & #2 hitters. He's pitched 2.2 innings, struck out 8, 1 hit, 1 walk, and he has a win and a save. Plus, he was 1-2 batting w/ a run scored.

Oh, and I fixed some more stuff this weekend ... installed a 3-way wall switch dimmer (easy) and new TP roll holders (easy, once I quit following the directions)

Have a good week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work by Alex. How do you think his baseball experience thus far is working to prepare him to be a disgruntled 15-year old umpire?

Do the vendors supporting the "Keep Louisville Weird" movement include that locally based bookstore, Borders?

Anonymous said...

Actually, the guy who started Borders is from Louisville and he went to the senior prom with my friend and we double dated.Karen, Mom, GMK....

Anonymous said...

Way to go APD and Dolberry. Baseball is very, very good to you. GMK

Anonymous said...

Tim and I were just recently wondering if you ever wore that shirt. Might be the last time you wear it, eh? I like Kristy's comment a lot and we'd all love for Louisville to get that weird.
Kris