Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hey, sorry I haven't blogged in a while

Not really that much to say ...

We had at lot of fun at the beach w/ the Burbach crew. The temps were nice & hot (at one point the heat index was a crazy 125F) & the water temps were pleasantly cool. And of course the company was nice.

I still feel great satisfaction upon tinkling in the newly restored toilet. More pride than I've felt peeing since I was two years old ... ok three .................. all right seven. Are you happy?

We were helping the beautiful KMD w/ the dishes tonight (a very rare occasion) & I was washing, Alex drying, & tbKMD was putting away. I was telling Alex how when we were younger, Aunt Kathy always washed, I dried, & Kristin put away. I said I thought drying was the easiest job. Alex agreed & then added why did you have the easiest job being the oldest ... implying my skills should have been applied in a tougher role. The beautiful KMD & I both laughed out loud.

Softball's started this week, but it's been a strange bummer. Our first opponent forfeited & the team we played tonight was the worst team I've ever seen. They had trouble catching the even the easiest pop flys. We scored 21 runs in only 3 innings before the mercy rule was invoked.

Hope all readers are doing grrrreat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness. I was getting to feel almost sorry that you fixed the toilet every time I eagerly went to the blog and saw that it was still about fixing the toilet!!! I so look forward to all of my brilliant children and children in-law's blogs and they have definitely slowed down lately. Maybe now that summer is over maybe everyone will have more time on their hands! (Except Kathy).Thanks for blogging. MOM

Anonymous said...

Interesting dish-washing strategy employed in the Dolberry house. With us, it was always one person's job per night: clearing the table, washing the dishes, drying and putting away.

We always reset the order of who washed when at the start of the school year. The strategy was to figure out which night you cared least about missing the first prime-time show of the evening: Did you want to be sure to see the A-Team, or would you rather guarantee a seat for Dukes of Hazard? Always such a struggle with that one.

Dolberry! said...

I think eventually we switched to the "night" method. Genius Dolberry snagged the coveted Friday and Saturday slot. (One of which would often be carryout pizza or eating out.)

Sometimes I missed Love Boat, 'cause it could take me 2-3 hours to do dishes, but it was still worth it.