Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween 2006

All right ... I'm still not sufficiently recovered to fully vent my bile re: this past weekend, but rest assured those responsible will be fully taken to task in a later blog entry. I will say, as covered over at that other blog, the highlight of the trip was seeing longtime DCV blog reader Joe L. during the third hour of our detention at J.C. Penney's portrait department.

Instead, I will distract my attention w/ a recap of tonight's Halloween festivities here. APD went as the Weather Wizard who is a HeroClix character. The get up consisted of his weather map sweatshirt (provided by Gm D many years ago), a bandanna w/ a tornado on it, and his baseball pants (?). Oh yeah, and gloves that say soccer on them. No pictures were taken. He said three treat-dispensers pegged him as a meteorologist, which didn't bother him much, but does leave me a little concerned. Which channel has the weather dude who wears baseball pants?

OK, here's a countdown of Top 5 APD treats received tonight:

#5 I thought these would be #1, but there were only 9 of these in his overflowing bag.

#4 There were 10 of these.

#3 You know how we call football, soccer & the rest of the world calls soccer, football? Well, that pales in comparison to how we call the #3 treat this, but the rest of the world thinks this is this. I think that may be the most single fascinating thing of this entire blog to date. I think Americans would like these better if more of us knew the rest of the world was mistaken in what these are. Either way, there were 12 of these in the bag.

#2 The candy that taught us all that sometimes accidents can be good things. 14 were received, or about two days worth of calories for a averaged-sized adult male.

#1 Is there anything else that was first created in 1896 that is still the most popular item in its category in 2006? A whopping 17 were received.

You Tube link of the night: snippet of Relient K's new song, Devastation and Reform, performed live in Houston. Their new album, Five Score and Seven Years Ago will be released on 3/6/2007, and if this song is any indication this could very possibly be the second best March 6th ... ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about what APD thinks but I'd be very disappointed with all those tootsie rolls. Who buys Tootsie rolls!? It sounds like he scored though overall. His costume definitely sounds creative. I'm sorry to hear there aren't any photos of it. I feel duped to learn our "Smarties" aren't internationally known as such. This info just changes everything!