Sunday, April 18, 2010

Midtown 55

Ha.  After disparaging my mad softball skillz last post, this week I went on a hitting spree of unprecedented (for me) dimensions.  To wit:

Tues: 3 for 4 (won this one against a team who'd beaten us like 8 in a row)
Thurs: 3 for 4 (beat an unbeaten team of young punks who cried like girls all game)
Fri: 3 for 4  (we lost this one 18-17 on a 2-out walkoff grand slam)
Sun: 3 for 3 (we got rocked)

I was on deck when the game ended today and have to admit I was ok w/ the person before me making the last out.  (We were down 17-8.)  I can recognize a pattern when I see it ... and was ok w/o the 4th AB.  Anyway, that's a cool .800 on the week.  All but one of the hits were singles though.  The one time I tried to go deep, I hit a line drive right to 1B.  So now I've jinxed myself for this week ...

Other kinda fun thing in the week.  Got to (thru church) volunteer for a Apex town advisory committee assigned to develop a plan for improving a stretch of the town along Highway 55.  We're called the Midtown 55 committee.  Dolberry kept his mouth shut for the most part, but the conversation was good.  Heading in a direction that will lead to a more aesthetically pleasing, ped-friendly stretch of town (w/ bike lines).  No exploding chemical plants or sheep house/farms were proposed, so I think we're on the right track.  Will see what happens.

APD & I had fun on Saturday morning playing HeroClix w/ the new Brave and the Bold set.  Dolberry won his second straight tournament (I think they let me win) w/ an all Justice League of America team of: Green Lantern, the Flash, Batman, Green Arrow, the Atom, and Hawkman.  Then Saturday night, tbKMD and I went to a fun party of a cool couple we know who were turning 100 (combined).  Our date was delayed while tbKMD trapped an opposum?  She mentioned something about the burgoo for our upcoming KY Derby party but I convinced her to give the little critter a second chance.  I've never had a date w/ anyone who smelled like opposum before and Dolberry grew up in Kentucky! 

Have a great week everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! We need more details. Where was the opossum and why was tbKMD trapping it and not Studmuffin Dolberry? (I do know from experience that they like to tailgate.) Unfortunately I will not be attending your Derby party this year. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad to catch up with you on here! You have a great week with .800 or higher batting avgs. Tell KMD and APD hi too
Kris