Saturday, April 04, 2009

Dolberry is headed to Harvard

On Monday, for a work conference. Should be interesting. The Red Sox are in town & I'm thinking about trying to get a ticket from a scalper on Wed. night. $50-60 is as much as I think I'd pay.

Speaking of work (briefly ... you might have missed it), one of the rules I've been working on quite a bit was in the news this week. See here, or here, or here. Think this has been my favorite project in my time at EPA ... should do some real good for air quality.

We finally had a softball game tonight. 4 of the first 5 were rained out. We were down 9-3 at one point but rallied to win 18-10. My last AB I hit a ball as far as I've ever hit one. It short-hopped the fence (ok, maybe long-hopped the fence) which is 310'. Very surprising. The time before, I hit a triple and the 3rd-base coach waved me home. About 3/4ths of the way down the line, I saw the catcher catch the ball. So, I braked to a stop and headed back to third. They threw to third, so I headed home and scored. I was out of breath for the next 3 innings. I am not in shape for rundowns. My 3-4 tonight was much better than my 0-3 in Game 1.

Congrats to Chad who won the DCV bracket challenge. At some point in your life you will be getting a pizza gift card from Dolberry. It will be a surprise.

Friendly DCV reader ... you need to join Lala. It's my favorite part of the whole Interwebs. Basically, you can listen to your music from any computer via the internet w/o having to cart along an IPod. You can buy web songs for ten cents a shot which is awesome. And you can listen to any song once for free. Works best at office or sitting at home. Let me know if you want me to invite you (then I get 5 free songs).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you feel like you have come back from the dead? I thought that was a funny quote from the Los Angeles newspaper. Cool that your work is getting it's props!

Congrats on the great hit and run down.

Congrats to Chad too! Let us know when you get the pizza and we'll join you all ;)
Kris

Anonymous said...

Hey, what an upbeat blog! You've hit your stride. I read all of your links and I must say, The L.A. Times damned the EPA with faint praise. They are still going to do it their way along with The EPA directives! Your spring fling with the 'big stick' must warm the cockles of your heart, bravo and the piece de resistance; your trip to Harvard! Your cup runneth over!!!BF

C-Lo said...

Hooray for me! I am the champ! Take that, ex-champs Papa Sparky and Carrie.

Pizza Hut lunch buffet, here I come!!! (I am going to fill up on the pudding.)