Monday, March 30, 2009

In at least one way ... I am still an 11-year old

So ... as you might imagine I did not enjoy yesterday's UL-MSU game at all. It reminded me of an incident when I was probably somewhere between 9 and 12. We were watching Louisville play and they lost and I made a big grumpy fuss about it and El Cueto sent me to my room for the rest of the night.

I had to send myself to my room yesterday at halftime.

I was close to out of control (yelling at TV) ... had to sort of step out of myself and say ... "Is this who you want to be? Is this really how you are?"

It was just tough, because (like many) I was sure they were going to win. The hardest time to maintain composure for me, is when you are suppose to prevail and you don't. Anyway, after halftime I made some adjustments ... resigned myself that they were going to lose ... really you could tell about 5 minutes into the game ... and it was much easier to take ... like when that guy banked in his 3 pointer I barely even grunted in disgust.

Anyway, I had a great day today to cleanse the mental palette from yesterday & I'll blog about that tomorrow (or 4 weeks from now ... whenever ... you know how it works)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dolberry, even Patino said he had to tell himself that he was far to old to cry. My age didn't stop me! Oh, well. T-will's victory dance after Friday's game was way too premature and sowed the seed of expections in my mind. Alas, poor...rick. Carry on!BF

Dolberry! said...

Thanks G'ma. Agree that Friday was where the seeds of defeat were sown. When success comes too easily, it's hard to remember how difficult it really is to come by.

You're the best G'ma!