Thursday, February 21, 2008

What I did on my blogging vacation

Yo yo bloggafficianados, what is happening?!?

(awkward silence)

Right, this isn't an interactive medium. A little rusty here.

It seems we all have only a finite amount of energy to spend in a day. We make choices as to how we expend that energy. Obviously, Dolberry hasn't been investing his energy on the DCV (or any other blog, for that matter). Most of my energy seems to be going to work lately, which seems strange to say. Anyway, almost all of my projects are going well (i.e., almost finished), so hopefully that devotion will be on the wane shortly.

Also, I've been trying to get in shape. Have been exercising a lot and eating less, but I haven't dropped much weight. Think there's some sort of muscle-to-fat thing going on ... yeah, let's go w/ that. I did do an unintentional daylong triathlon on President's Day, running 3 miles at 9p on Sunday night, swimming 1 mile at 9a Monday, & biking 15 miles at 1p Monday. Anyway, this exercising thing seems to take more out of me than it used to take (and certainly more than the sitting I'd grown too accustomed to doing).

I've been following the election somewhat closely. Either way it turns out, I think we'll have a really good President. There are multiple good choices. I was thinking about making the DCV a purely political blog. Here's the sort of priceless witticisms you would get on a political DCV.

  • The Democrats say they want to bring the troops home next year, but say that McCain is ok w/ them staying for 100 years. Now Dolberry is not a military strategist by any means, but I don't think those troops are going to be particularly effective when they're 125. I side w/ the Dems on this issue. Once you hit retirement age, you should be able to come home.

  • I side w/ the Reps on this one, though. If I understand it, the surge isn't working because the goal of it was to buy the fledgling Iraqi legislature time to take the necessary steps to form an effective working government. Hillary said they've taken small steps, but they've haven't shown enough progress to warrant the U.S. staying there. Dolberry is just thankful that there's no stabilizing third-party basing their support to our country based on the productiveness of our representatives in D.C. (Roger Clemens hearings notwithstanding).
Ahh ... I'll leave the political arena to people better suited for it ... like Rush Limbaugh or the New York Times. There's two institutions that know better and care more about America than Dolberry (or anyone else, for that matter).

What else ... of course it's the time of year where I start to work (& it is work) on fantasy baseball preparation. I'm in a Diamond Mind league where the draft has started and we're only a few weeks from El Cueto's and Dolberry's O'Jimmies draft. So, over the next few weeks I'll be blogging on the upcoming 2008 NL season ... that way I'll be blogging and doing the necessary legwork to be ready for Rotisserie. In Michael Scott, terms that is a win-win-win. So, Atlanta Braves you are up tomorrow.

Anyway, I hope all you guys are doing GRR ... GRR ... GRRRR ... ate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your exercise story reminds me of an incident when I last saw JP: he was able to accurately guess my weight just by looking at me. How he knew to take into account the 40 pounds of clothing I was wearing, I'll never know.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bro! I'm running a little behind on reading blogs lately. Hope the exercising is coming along- it'a a LOT more than what I've been doing- as I feel like I've run a marathon when I carry Maureen up the stairs. Good luck on the draft and have a very fun trip!
Kris