Saturday, May 12, 2007

Euphoria!

This blog is boring enough w/o me getting into details about my softball games, but last night's game was too much fun to move past.

I've been hitting much better lately. On the Gold team (10-1, 2nd of 17), I've gotten on base 7 straight times (6 hits, 1 E5). On the Blue team (6-4, 2nd of 6), I was leading the team in hitting going into our last game (~ .700). Anyway, we were down 17-8 going into the last inning last night. Dolberry had made the last out of the prior inning so I was minding my own business coaching 1st as our team battled back w/ a whole bunch of hits to 17-15. So, I came up w/ 2 outs, 2 on, and down by two, & cranked one down the first base line that bounced by the RF to the fence for an 18-17 Blue victory. It's been since Chicago that I got a hit as fun as that one.

APD had a nice game today as well. One hit and he scored our only run in a 2-1 loss. He was the losing pitcher, but not really his fault as he pitched 2 IP, struck out 2, & walked one. Unfortunately, we had a ground ball that was an E6, E3, E2 that allowed two to score. Oh well. After that we had our annual parent-kid game & they won that one 9-8. KMD got a big hit in that game as well, so we all are hot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! Congrats to all of you for the excellent hitting. That 18-17 game was a real defensive battle I guess?
Kris

Anonymous said...

When did you ever have a hit like that one in Chicago??

Stephen

Anonymous said...

E6,E3,E2 - sounds like a Rangers game. You got Ian Kinsler at second or something?

Dolberry! said...

I had two hits like that in Chicago, Mr You-Could-Be-Nicer. One was w/ Pat McGraw's team that played in Tinley Park or somewhere like that. I think I only played one year, but I had one HR in the top of the 7th, over the RF's head that won us a game. The other comparable would be that single that got us the win in the tournament that one Tuesday game.

My other favorite hit was in baseball when I hit a ground rule double once only because there was a big ditch right behind 3rd base & I hit it into it. That was in Eminence KY. Those are my Top 4, for now. I'll spare everyone the ranking.

Also, never blogbrag about your hitting or you'll go 1-3 the next time out. Lesson learned.